BRC ACCREDITED FOOD GRADE LOGISTICS
A fundamental requirement of many leading retailers
BRC Global Standards are a leading safety and quality certification programme. The Standards guarantee the standardisation of quality, safety and operational criteria, ensure that manufacturers fulfil their legal obligations, and provide protection for the end consumer.
The Global Standard for Storage and Distribution provides the essential certification link between the range of BRC manufacturing Standards and the end user, the retailer and the food service company.
- Senior management commitment to continual improvement
Provision of adequate resources, effective communication, system of review and actions to identify and effect opportunities for improvement
- Hazard and risk analysis
- Hazard analysis and critical control points , documented, systematic and fully implemented and maintained
- Quality Management Systems
Documentation of procedures to demonstrate compliance with the BRC standard
- The site environment and operating standards - including maintenance, cleaning and pest control, product handling and where applicable temperature controls
Provide protection and prevent hazard to products, safety, legality and quality of products shall not be compromised
- Vehicle operating standards
All vehicles uses are suitable for purpose, maintained in good repair and in hygienic condition
- Facility management
Equipment used is suitable for purpose, maintained in good repair and in hygienic condition
- Goods operating practices
Good acceptance procedures are in place to ensure products are within specification before acceptance
- Personnel - including the training and personal hygiene requirements for the staff
All employees are adequately trained, instructed and supervised and are competent to carry out their activity
Having worked with some of the largest names in the UK food-importing sector, including Carluccio’s, you can be assured that the Knights of Old Group will provide cost-effective, reliable and efficient BRC accredited food grade logistics solutions.
Carluccio’s Logistics Manager, Neil Pangbourne, said: "Carluccio’s reputation is built on the values of authentic, high-quality food and exceptional service. To help us maintain this standing, Knights of Old consistently provides a highly professional and reliable warehousing and distribution service.”
The warehousing operation is fully integrated with the groups’ UK, European and Irish road transport networks, allowing them to provide a complete International transport logistics solution. A bespoke integrated warehouse management system offers stock rotation, stock analysis and extensive client specific reports.
- BRC accredited food grade logistics
- Short, medium, long term multi-user storage solutions
- Ambient environments
- Full pallet pick services
- Pick, pack and dispatch
- Full traceability
- Strict standards of safety and cleanliness
- Cost effective solutions